Data Analyst at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We're looking for data analysts to work on our Data Science and Engineering team. If you love using data to inform decisions, you’re a great fit for Wish. Wish is data driven from the ground up. As a data analyst you will drive decision-making on core systems like: shipping and logistics, customer support, product catalogue, and much more. We’re looking for a smart analyst comfortable in a fast-paced environment to help accelerate the rate of development.
What you'll be doing:
- Create reporting, pipelines, monitoring and alerting systems for business and operation needs
- Provide data driven insights and deliver recommendations that address opportunities for product improvements or operation efficiency improvements
- Analyze experiments and develop and iterate on our processes to empower more efficient and rigorous experimentation
- Improve operating efficiency by streamlining requests leveraging automation or self-service analytics tools
- 2+ years experience in analytics field
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. Advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Expertise in SQL and Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
- Experience with experimentation
- Experience at a software technology company
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong business sense
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, who can work effectively in a dynamic and iterative setting
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.