With Unity’s industry leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries like Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence!
We are seeking a manager to lead the technical development of our data solutions and internal self-service data capabilities. The Data Engineering Manager will work with several internal customer teams and delivering functional solutions and operations for data to support scalable growth! You'll participate and own various aspects of data definitions, data models, best practices and governance.
What you’ll be doing
- Ownership of designing & architecting curated business data models and access tooling
- Manage and grow a team to successfully improve data solutions supporting business analysis and operations
- You will be the owner of making data and tools available to teams whose main focus is to interpret the data for business without having to be technical
- Coordinate with partners to identify data challenges and design solutions
- Understand complex business questions and use that to drive needed architectures and processes
- Manage the processes, practices and foundation for business data production and incident management that will support hyper growth of data usage and dependency
What we’re looking for
- Experience and track record on setting up and managing teams delivering data solutions to support business teams and operations
- Ability to take business needs and turn them into roadmap projects & agile sprint deliverables
- Experience building data solutions including architectures, data models and data production systems
- Expertise with relevant data tools and technologies: such as SQL, BigQuery, Looker, Airflow, Kubeflow or GCP (Google Cloud Platform), JIRA Agile Scrum Project management
- Ability to lead projects through all phases including identifying user requirements, technical design & implementation using set defined processes & agile software development methodologies
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.