Data Scientist, Market Intelligence at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams to mine internal and external semi-structured data to understand consumer demand in individual markets, drive sales through feed optimization, influence supply, design and deploy long-term merchandising strategies.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, be able to conduct market research independently, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, solid understanding of databases, visualization, and modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling data-driven solution to solve business problems.
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct quantitative market research for each market, by analyzing external e-commerce web data, understand regional consumer demand, through various text and image mining techniques
- Analyze and generate insights on internal pricing dynamics on the platform
- Identify high potential but underexposed product candidates, propose strategies to increase their exposure and boost sales
- Implement the strategies and set up A/B test experiments to gauge the impact, and reiterate
- Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for data-driven regional merchandising strategies
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or similar)
- Hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Hands-on experience with Python
- Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries using MySQL
- Experience with Tableau, Superset or other visualization tools
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in e-commerce companies working on mining product listing data
- Hands-on experience in deep-learning models that involve text and image matching
- Experience in designing and running A/B tests
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, cross-functional, and high volume environment
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.