Data Scientist at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
We are looking for a full-stack Data Scientist to join our Strategy & Data Science department in San Francisco. The Strategy & Data Science department is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment on our business strategy. As part of this group, you will develop cross-functional relationships and use rigorous data science methods on our business and product data to drive near- and longer-term impact. This would be an outstanding fit for someone who has a passion for both math and technology, ability to provide deep insights for priority Meraki leadership asks and joint Cisco/Meraki product and customer analysis.
What will you do:
- Lead key, cross-functional analytical projects, identifying and bringing together stakeholders, building project plans, developing joint analytical approaches, and executing against the project
- Build predictive models to influence business decisions
- Use data to identify opportunities to improve customer support needs
- Define key metrics to help track our business performance and customer experience
- Analyze user journey data and understand root causes of customer engagement with products and dashboard
- Enable task automation using machine intelligence
- Analyze trends in data to identify growth opportunities for our business
What skills you possess:
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong coding skills in Python/R, Hadoop/Spark technologies
- 2-3+ years of prior knowledge in building data science pipelines
- Good understanding of machine learning based model building flows
- Hands-on experience using machine learning frameworks
- BS/MS degree, such as economics, mathematics, statistics or engineering
- 3-5+ years of experience in an analytical role or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience in data science
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
Who you are:
- You demonstrate business acumen in your work
- You have a real passion for analytics and desire for continuous learning
- You have strong organizational skills; able to keep track of multiple competing priorities without losing details
- Ability to communicate the results of analysis
- You are eager to take ownership of projects
- You remain curious and hungry to understand all components of your work
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.