Tinder is on a mission to change the world, bringing people together and facilitating millions of connections that otherwise might not have been possible. With tens of millions of users and an expansive global presence, our reach is expansive - and rapidly growing.
This role can also be based in Los Angeles, CA.
About The Role
Our platform handles billions of events a day, terabytes of data, and millions of network requests with frequent code deployments. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of infrastructure and software engineers who are responsible for Tinder’s Global Platform.
What You’ll Do
- Provide daily guidance, mentorship, and coaching to your team
- Be responsible for the health and growth of our data storage and tooling platforms
- Develop effective partnerships within your team and other teams at Tinder
- Be singularly focused on the success of the individuals on your team
- Be responsible for the technical support of the Tinder Platform and global business, including our Backend, Big Data, and Machine Learning teams
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of recent technical management experience
- Previous experience in a Software or Systems Engineer role
- Demonstrated history of embracing Infrastructure as Code and current industry best practices with modern and relevant technologies
- Ability to script in one of the following languages: Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with databases (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, streaming data, Kafka), caching (e.g. Redis), Terraform, containers, Kubernetes, and/or AWS is a plus, but not required
About The Team
- The Data Platform and Data Services teams are a small, talented team of Software Engineers. They are singularly focused on enabling the explosive growth of our technology platform, especially in the areas of data storage, Big Data, and Machine Learning.
- Meet the evolving engineering needs of a business that has grown to more than 500 employees globally.
- Triage and timely support of requests submitted by employees throughout the Tinder business.
- Ensure the high availability of Tinder’s Platform for our end users
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.
Read Full Job Description