Full Stack Data Scientist, WishX at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We have an awesome opportunity for a full stack data scientist to work on WishX incubator team. If you love crafted & running experiments, and organizing, visualizing, and analyzing data, to maximize impact in an Incubator environment, this could be the right role for you. Wish is data driven from the ground up. As a full stack data scientist on WishX you will build pipelines for easy access of data, drive informed decisions on incubator initiatives and build insights to guide the direction of experimental initiatives. We’re looking for smart and scrappy data scientists to help accelerate the rate of development for multiple initiatives at various stages of maturity.
- Craft, execute, measure and analyze the results of experiments against a variety of use cases and cohorts
- Build pipelines of clean data and present data in an easily consumable way for mixed audiences
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, modeling, visualization to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with experimental initiatives
- Partner with engineers, product managers and business development teams to solve problems, identify trends and maximize opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- 4+ years experience doing data related work, including experimentation, analytics, modeling, or data engineering.
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. Advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Fluency in SQL and at least one other programming language. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, R)
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Have good business sense with the ability to partner with business stake holders
- Good communication skills
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.