Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that isn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Our fresh approach to home insurance clearly resonates with people. Hippo has grown 25% a month over the past year, has a customer satisfaction score more than double the industry average, and insures more than $90B in property value. We’re seeking the most passionate and skilled talent to redefine the role insurance plays in people’s lives.
You are creative, self-motivated, and eager to tackle problems in a fast-paced startup environment. You have strong analytical skills and understanding of the insurance industry is a big plus - and are eager to innovate and provide business value. You are a futurist thinker, with a can-do attitude. You are able to identify and balance solving the long-term vs. short-term goals of the company by leveraging data-driven results. You have a good grasp of the big picture, and know which steps to take to get an analysis out the door. You are a highly effective communicator and have the ability to effectively define processes that are modern and robust, and have strong technical skills in SQL and visualization.
- Build data driven strategies to support the company’s initiatives, using segmentation models, forecasting and optimization analysis
- Draft hypotheses and design test structures to draw actionable opportunities for scale and or efficiency programs and how those contribute to the overall effectiveness of growth and ROI
- Assist with assessment of attribution strategy to support multi-touch and shared attribution measurement
- Assist in building and maintaining predictive models to quantify lifetime value of the customers
- Create convincing business cases highlighting opportunities to implement innovative projects solutions across partners and channels
- Assist in the development and execution of data infrastructure and identify gaps in data accuracy or completeness
- Utilize modern statistical modeling and data science techniques with internal/external data to identify drivers of loss cost, frequency, and severity to help influence pricing and underwriting decisions
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify key metrics and reporting needs
- Lead periodic reviews and deliver insights for different stakeholders
- Use technology to make these processes efficient, automatic and scalable in a growing, lean company
- 5+ years of professional experience in an analysis role
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, or degree in quantitative field
- Expert level skills with SQL, visualization tools (Tableau is a plus) programming languages (Python is a plus)
- Strong research, statistical, analytical, and mathematical skills with ability to conduct analysis on limited and/or unstructured data
- Understanding of actuarial and insurance concepts such as trends, indications, loss cost modeling, reserving and other key metrics is a plus
- Experience working in fast paced company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to present findings to different stakeholders
Compensation and Perks
- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain
- Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s
- Onsite gym
- Flexible, uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Full time salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Full paid benefits for you and your family including medical, dental, vision, ltd, std, EAP, and flexible spending accounts
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.