Senior Data Scientist at Vungle
Vungle is looking for a Senior to Staff Data Scientist to develop analytics and models behind our ad serving products, including conversion rate models, ROAS models, recommender systems, and to tackle privacy challenges around iOS 14. This role can be based in either our San Francisco or Los Angeles office.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Clean, manipulate, and analyze datasets at large scale using a variety of ETL, BI, and data science tools
- Develop insights and communicate them effectively in written and verbal form to stakeholders
- Build and maintain dashboards
- Build, test, deploy, and maintain models in production
- Work with cross functional teams involving product managers, platform engineers, and data engineers
- Minimum 5 years work experience in applied data analytics with some exposure to machine learning or 3 years professional experience in applied data science in a business context with a Masters Degree in related fields (data science, machine learning, statistics, bioinformatics, engineering, computer science, math)
- Knowledge of recommendation systems, bandits, bayesian networks, deep networks, feature hashing, embeddings, and model explainability is highly valuable for this role
- Demonstrated experience applying analyses to drive business value
- Self driven learner, demonstrating awareness of the field and ability to digest emerging research
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, BI tooling like Looker or Tableau
- Have experience maintaining high quality production code
- Experience with Data Science workbenches like Databricks or SageMaker
- Ad tech experience -- specifically performance marketing or CPA campaigns -- is a major plus
- Mobile tech experience also a major plus
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, and Helsinki.
For more information, visit www.vungle.com or follow the company on LinkedIn.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.