Senior Manager, Data Science at Credit Karma
What you’ll do:
- Hire extraordinary Data Scientists into the organization, and structure the team for hyper-growth for the next few years
- Partner with colleagues throughout the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to demonstrate our extensive data to better serve our users
- Responsible for accelerating revenue advancement through disruptive and continuous improvements in targeting models, feature engineering including user profiles and behavior, personalization, etc.
- Lead our industry-first data science / machine learning platform for financial institutions, to enable certainty of approval for 85+ million consumers!
- Craft a research environment within the team to explore the frontiers of Deep Learning, Recommender systems, and other areas, as they apply to Personal Finance
- Represent Data Science in company EC meetings and business reviews. Be able to translate difficult technical subject matter to business partners
- Represent Credit Karma in external forums such as conferences, speaking engagements and meetups, and act as a talent magnet and spokesperson in such forums
What’s great about the role:
- You will be responsible for the entire marketing challenge for all business and have a huge impact from the Data Science perspective to the Business
- You will work with large scale Machine Learning Models to optimize for Market Channel Efficiency!
- Leading, managing and mentoring a highly impactful team, who are working on large scale projects that directly impact the business and members
- You will experience both personal and professional growth as you encourage growth throughout the team
What we are looking for:
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D. / MS) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- 7-8+ years of experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and related areas, ideally in hyper-growth consumer Internet scenarios
- 1-2+ years leading teams of Data Scientists. Consistent track record with hiring and motivating excellent Data Scientists
- You have experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, time series analysis, and mixed-effect models, and Machine learning techniques
- You have various techniques in Deep Learning, advanced Recommendations Systems, Search Ranking, Experimentation a plus
- You have optimizing business outcomes in hyper-growth Internet companies (predictive science, ad yield management, marketplaces, etc) a huge plus
Additional experience you bring:
- You possess experience with Finance data (credit record data, loan underwriting)
- Ambitious, results oriented, hardworking, creative thinker and a trustworthy leader
- Authoritative knowledge of Python, R and SQL, as well as ML systems such as TensorFlow, Torch, etc.