We're looking for experienced Data Engineers to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to building enterprise grade solutions for our retailer partners to help them understand their customers better. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all the time. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Architect, develop, test and maintain big data pipelines and processing systems
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Software Engineers and provide recommendations and actionable strategies for performance enhancements and development of best practices
- Own a large part of the process to enforce data governance and privacy while improving data quality and reliability
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- A blend of product, system and people knowledge that lets you jump into a fast paced environment and contribute from day one
- Experience with big data tools and databases (Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Presto, Snowflake, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (Snowplow, Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc)
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or Go
- Extensive experience working with large codebases and cross-functional teams
- Experience with cloud native infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively collaborate with diverse teams.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience in distributed systems and scale
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning/Data Modeling