Instacart’s Strategy & BizOps team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve Instacart’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
As a Strategy & BizOps team member, you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and-outs of a cutting-edge tech startup.
As a Strategy & BizOps Associate, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations thru to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience.
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our leadership team.
- Collaborate on critical operational excellence projects, turning your strategic recommendations into reality.
- Serve as an important cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
- 2-3 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, and Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles.
- SQL experience required & highly proficient in advanced Excel.
- Data visualization tool experience a plus.
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative and sustainable solutions.
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently.