Art Director at Xero
Small business makes the world go 'round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
The Art Director will work with the creative team within Xero and will be responsible for contributing to the development of conceptual campaigns and experiences that focus on Xero's customer solutions, while simultaneously meeting the marketing goals.
Under the guidance of a Creative Director, the Art Director will be responsible for key campaign concepts, contribute art direction where applicable, and execute across print, video and digital deliverables.
The Art Director must have a deep understanding of brand, visual design, user experience and digital marketing to design beautiful and intuitive experiences. As an innovative problem solver, a collaborative team player, and a highly skilled and talented visual designer, the Art Director will handle cross-disciplinary work which displays a strong foundation in typography, layout and an unwavering eye to detail.
What you'll do
- Art direct and design conceptual brand expressions across all mediums, including mobile, film, interactive, OOH, print, events, experiential etc.
- Develop a range of creative ideas and executions for each project and be able to effectively collaborate with a copywriter.
- Visually lead storytelling across platforms on 360 campaigns.
- Maintain consistently high graphic standards and remain aware of new techniques and trends in graphic arts and digital design.
What you'll bring with you
- 2 to 5 years' experience at agency/in-house concepting and art directing ideas for brand.
- Experience with Sketch and the Adobe suite, After Effects. (Knowledge of HTML 5 is a huge plus)
- Strong art directing skills and articulating design decisions
- Excellent communicator, team player and problem solver who can take a logical, analytical approach while being user focused
- Passionate about technology
- Artistically driven. Must keep aware of current trends in design, video and advertising
- Strong desire to constantly create beautiful work
What we offer
The opportunity to be part of a growing global success story; a fun, fast-paced work environment and a relaxed, supportive team which encourages personal growth; competitive salary, shares in the company; generous 4-weeks of PTO, 5 wellness days, standard holidays and office closure between Christmas and New Year's; flexible work arrangements and a convenient office in downtown San Francisco.
If you are ready to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced organization where the sky's the limit we want to hear from you.
This description is intended merely as a guideline of the responsibilities involved in the position. The employee is expected to perform any other duties as reasonably required by their Manager.