The Cisco Meraki Creative Studio team is seeking a passionate and insightful Creative Strategist to join our team! The Creative Studio is a multi-disciplinary team of creatives working across marketing projects at Meraki– building our brand voice through collateral, promotional materials, video, web, events, advertising, digital campaigns, and product launches.
A Creative Strategist should help bring our story to life through expertly-crafted presentations. Our technology strives to simplify a notoriously complicated industry, and presentations (keynotes, townhalls, webinars, product reveals, feature updates, demos, pitch decks, etc.) are core to illustrating our value to our audience.
Creative Strategists at Meraki should demonstrate a passion for phenomenal presentations and the desire to define and document their approach. Strategists will work in collaboration with other members of the Marketing team to level up our approach to building presentations to help us achieve a consistent brand voice globally. This strategist should have excellent interpersonal skills and be able explain the rationale behind their work.Responsibilities include
- Work with writers, designers, marketing managers, PR, comms, product, and sales to articulate the value of Meraki to multiple audiences (customers, partners, internal teams, and others) through presentations.
- Communicate clearly about a traditionally jargon-heavy complex set of technologies in a concise customer-focused manner.
- Identify opportunities to use presentations or slides to help tell the Meraki story through demos, animation, motion graphics, signage and more.
- Build scalable, fool-proof, and effective templates for sales enablement, product launches, webinars, and more!
- Act as a champion of brand standards and guidelines.
- Help to build, grow, and maintain a library of reusable photos, graphics, illustrations, and other assets to enable scalable presentation templates.
- Conduct presentation post-mortems and surveys in order to advocate for process improvements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Marketing, Creative Writing, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience writing at a tech company, marketing agency, PR firm, or related experience.
- Portfolio that showcases excellence in presentation design and creative thinking, as well as a clean and polished style with an eye for detail and an ability to distill complex concepts and technologies into compelling slides without “dumbing it down.”
- Skilled at explaining your work, process, and decisions with a healthy appetite for feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Very strong expertise with Powerpoint, Google Slides, Keynote or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator) or equivalent.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and to adjust to shifts in timelines, deadlines, budgets, and project goals
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work well both independently and in a cross-functional fast-paced team environment
- A link to your world-class portfolio or examples of your work
- A bit about why Meraki interests you
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.