Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- Own our product area and work collaboratively with other designers, content strategists, PMs, engineers and analytics to ship products
- Navigate ambiguity and know how to find clarity
- Create products that emotionally connect with our users
- Build a vision for your product area and help the team iterate towards it
- Drive product design process from research, wire-frames to excellent visual execution, writing effective copy, illustration, and everything in between
- Guide the work of other designers through feedback that is clear, helpful and actionable
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization while helping develop our brand as our product grows
What we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience with consumer products at an exceptional level of quality and a four-year degree (or equivalent) with a preferred emphasis on Human Computer Interaction and Design
- Proficiency in creative tools (Sketch, Adobe, Principle, InVision, etc), and knowledge of when to use which one
- Experience creating tactical deliverables in the form of wireframes, user flows, and visually polished design mock-ups and/or prototypes
- A solid understanding of designing for multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android) at the same time and a comfortability working with and evangelizing design systems, and knowing when to evolve
- Comfortability presenting work to a variety of different audiences coupled with the ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design decision making
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal (with the ability to go from manager to user to engineer and back again), strong interpersonal skills (with the ability to give and take constructive criticism), and the ability to influence other designers on our team as we grow
- A solid understanding of the practice and principles of responsive design, knowledge of the capabilities of CSS, an awareness of cross platform issues and a portfolio that displays problem solving for user needs on products that have shipped
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.