Manager, Visual Design (Enterprise)
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced and talented creative problem solver who is passionate about the intersection of learning and development, business and technology. With tens of millions of users and billions of learning interactions, Udemy is the world’s largest learning marketplace. Udemy for Business is the B2B Saas arm of Udemy, dedicated to helping employees at organizations around the world do whatever comes next. Udemy for Business is growing rapidly and the team needs a senior designer to own and develop the brand as part of Udemy’s main brand.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Creative Director of Brand, you will work directly with the Udemy for Business marketing team and another visual designer dedicated to Udemy for Business. Operating as lead designer, you will have a significant opportunity to join the team at an early stage and be the bridge between the business team and the brand. You’ll be thinking big and small, and will own the ideation and creation of all visual assets to bring our exciting B2B marketing initiatives to life and help us evolve the Udemy for Business brand, playing a significant role as brand steward across the organization.
The ideal candidate has direct experience in developing a variety of concepts and assets across a wide range of channels. You’ll play a key role in driving the iterative and collaborative creative process among multiple stakeholders, thinking strategically but also able to execute tactically. The person in this role must be comfortable with giving and receiving real-time feedback.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Represent the best interests of the Udemy for Business brand, act as a brand steward, and ensure brand alignment between the main Udemy brand
- Effectively manage and develop a junior designer currently on the team
- Utilize your effective communication and visual storytelling skills to create concepts that inspire and motivate our users and B2B audiences
- Concept and implement ideas quickly, producing wireframes, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables for emails, advertising, site optimization, content creation, and promotions and event design while remaining flexible through revisions and paying keen attention to detail
- Create and evolve scalable design systems, brand guidelines, and workflows that allow our internal teams and external agencies to create materials at scale
- Collaborate with copy and video teams to bring our brand to life across all customer experiences – create storytelling content for all channels, and represent the business interests in these projects
- Educate, communicate, and enforce brand executions with internal teams and external partner agencies
- Be a team player and leader that improves our team’s technical and creative performance
- Possess and understand our product and industry trends to continually influence creative output
We're excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of experience at a creative or ad agency, graphic design firm, or in-house creative department with strong focus on B2B
- An exceptional and impressive portfolio that showcases your design skills with a wide breadth of marketing executions including print, emails, web design, paid media, events, social, signage, and collateral
- The ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically
- Experience with email marketing, display advertising and retargeting campaigns, social media content, integrated marketing campaigns, and brand-level work across a variety of disciplines.
- Experience evaluating workload and optimizing process and workflows
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and a working understanding of HTML/CSS and web browser capabilities, plus strong typography, motion graphics, and interaction design skills
- Knowledge of responsive design principles and email best practices
- A can-do attitude without ego
- Bonus points for the following: video, infographics, illustration, and event graphics
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
UDEMY IN THE NEWS
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description