Product Design Lead - Mobile at Rally Health
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the team:
The XD Mobile team is responsible for crafting the user experiences for our iOS and Android mobile applications. We combine elegant user interfaces, interaction fundamentals, effective motion design, and apply common sense design patterns that result in apps that are fun and entertaining to use. Our apps have consistently earned 4.5 to 5 star ratings from our enthusiastic users.
Your day to day:
The Lead Product Designer will join an existing 4 person design team focused on all design needs and you will also work closely with Engineering to implement your work and perfect the user experience. This position will report to the Mobile Design Director.
Your core responsibilities:
- Complete UX/UI design of interfaces for iOS and Android
- Build low to high fidelity prototypes of interaction, animations or transitions
- Collaborate with the product team, the development team, and other designers on product features
- Maintain and evolve Rally application style kits and branding
- Present your work creatively and be able to explain design decisions
- 4+ years of professional design experience
- Professional experience designing the UX/UI of an app that has launched
- BA or BFA in design or related field preferred, but not required
- Outstanding information architecture & interaction design with an attention to detail
- Proficiency with Sketch and InVision
- Ability to build rapid prototypes or short animation studies if needed using appropriate tools such as After Effects, Swift/Xcode, Framer.js, Origami, etc
- Understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and UIKit, Google’s Material Design, and general mobile design patterns
- Understanding what makes an experience good or bad
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Why join Rally?
On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).