Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As the lead designer for the consumer banking platform team, you will be responsible for architecting the platform design experience for our banking customers and their end-users. You will apply your expertise and knowledge to define a design strategy that allows us to build a scalable and configurable solution for our customers. You will own the definition of the platform vision, aligning stakeholders, and advising key road mapping priorities. You will work cross-functionally in an especially fast-paced environment, helping us secure the best product-market fit within a very short time-frame. In the process of architecting the many layers of interaction within the platform, you will drive the creation, expansion, and adoption of the design system of components, building a pattern library for use by your design team and engineers alike. We believe that the ideal person for this role is an outstanding product designer motivated by highly complex UX problems and illustrating how Design's impact builds lasting business value.
How you'll contribute:
- Architect a holistic platform design that scales to accommodate a broad set of banking use cases.
- Design reusable and scalable components that increase capabilities and efficiency for engineers and users of the platform.
- Embrace ambiguity and take action with limited data. Resolve unknowns through rapid explorations and experimentations.
- Align and collaborate cross-functionally with engineers, product leaders, designers, and business leaders.
- React quickly to change while keeping longer-term strategies on course.
- Design the needs for a system accommodating needs for accessibility.
- Use data and customer feedback to make design decisions.
- Actively maintain collaboration skills through knowledge of supporting engineering technology.
Who you are:
- 3+ years designing for complex SaaS product needs
- 4+ years as a Product Designer
- Portfolio demonstrating a systematic approach to complex product problems
- Examples of design solutions showing a systematic approach, thinking and designing in frameworks, ecosystems, and shared patterns
- Excellent interaction and visual design skills
- The ability to generate alignment across a broad, fast-paced organization
- Collaborative instincts as a default, sharing early and often
- Outstanding documentation skills
- Able to direct the work of others
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description