Hi, we’re Caviar, and we’re looking for a senior product designer in SF.
Caviar’s a company that is all about connecting people who want food to great restaurants around their city. Anyway you probably already know this. But if not, maybe get the app? (Get the app.)
And just as an fyi, while our brands are unique, we’re actually a part of DoorDash. So if you get an email from them, it’s probably us. And you should open it.
You’ll report to the product design manager (hi) as part of a small-ish/mighty-ish team that’s building a product with ambitious but also fun goals.
Some of which are to:
- Make it both really easy and enjoyable for people to get the best food in their city
- Showcase the people and communities behind the food (!!)
- Help people diversify the food they’re eating. Because trying new things is good for you, other cultures are great, etc.
We have other plans, too. But now we want to talk about you.
- Have some serious empathy muscles, and always put the user first
- Have ~5 years of user experience design behind you
- Have a portfolio to share
- Are well versed in Figma and/or Sketch
- Have worked on a consumer product for a while, say, 2+ years
- Are a great partner to engineers and product managers. You just get them, and they tend to get you.
- Enjoy crafting cool experiences around discovery
- Are scrappy and adaptive, have a bias to action, and are prototype-y AF
- Are excellent at generating lots of ideas, and figuring out out ways to execute them
- Are keenly aware of consumer app interaction patterns
- Are good at communicating design-y ideas to non-designers, like product managers, engineers, someone nice you sat next to on the bus, etc.
- Have sharp visual design sensibilities
- Have experience conducting customer research ranging from interviews to usability tests
- Have experience with motion design and related software
Thanks for reading. Excited to hear from you.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.