Are you excited by real world autonomous vehicles? By the chance to use your engineering skills to help save lives? At Zipline, your work is intended for the field. Everyone makes immediate, impactful contributions. There is no time for extra meetings or for aiming low.
Zipline’s Embedded Software team is looking for an engineer to lead our battery and powertrain effort. Engineers come into the office as needed during the pandemic. As public health restrictions are lifted, we are excited to collaborate and innovate together in-person at our office in South San Francisco.
The right candidate will have a strong mix of embedded and analytical skills, comfortable both with an oscilloscope and with proving accuracy of a mathematical model.
- Lead our efforts on vehicle range estimation and battery reliability both on current and future vehicles.
- Optimize battery charging to double our delivery fleet’s availability.
- Tackle cross-functional efforts with our EE and ME teams for our next generation powertrain.
- Participate in embedded development and problem solving for our world class in-house drone software
- Professional experience building software in RTOS or Embedded Linux
- Fluency writing embedded systems software in C/C++
- Experience taking products from prototyping through to at scale deployment
- Data crunching skills to develop and refine estimation
- Confidence writing peripheral drivers based on electrical schematics and datasheets, and debugging the boundary between new software and prototype hardware
- Focus on reliability and testing for safety critical systems
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and visual). You know how to tailor to your audience with the right level of technical depth
- Preferred: Past power electronics/powertrain experience