Engineering Manager, Merchant
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an engineering manager with strong product sense to join the Merchant Engineering team in San Francisco or Mountain View. The Merchant team is focused on building the merchant partnership platform, which is central to the DoorDash mission of empowering local businesses to thrive in a convenience economy. There's a wide breadth of problems to solve across mobile, web, and backend, including merchant signup & on-boarding, operational intelligence, and tooling automation.
What you’ll do
- Scale the team by developing existing team members and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a fast growing team
- Engage with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision
- Collaborate with the sales & operations team to define and execute on efficiency improvements
- Build a world-class merchant selection acquisition platform
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong product intuition
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, and mobile
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 3+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a team size of 10+
- Prior experience working on a fast-iterating product
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product focused development environment
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.