Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
As a technical leader for Atlassian University, you will join a dynamic user-centric organization and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools. This role will work with a talented team of instructional designers, developers and product managers to reinvent how users learn about Atlassian products and put them to work for their team. You'll have a seat at the table to drive innovation by coming up with new and creative ideas to address future challenges. In addition, you'll collaborate with our development partners across the world to improve the architecture and user experience of Atlassian's learning technology touchpoints. The primary focus of your role will be to act as a technical leader in close collaboration with the Atlassian University Product Manager to define and direct the future of training technology at Atlassian.
This role will benefit from your deep understanding of the latest Agile product development practices and user-centered development. To succeed, you'll need real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale solutions in a high growth environment. Being passionate about the customer experience, having the ability to ask the tough questions, and being a natural at working across functional areas are traits that will serve you well along with an ability to communicate ideas with developers, stakeholders and designers in both written and spoken form.
- This will involve setting the technical direction for multiple teams and working on some of the most difficult challenges we face, including:
- Defining data flows and integrations between technology platforms such as LMS, CMS, analytics, custom Atlassian applications, and partner applications
- Work with other product teams and internal and external development teams to ensure alignment of vision and deliverables
- Drive quality of code by implementing best practices and hands-on code review for engineering and QA teams
- Support development teams across the entire SDLC from technical requirements gathering through launch and support of the product in market
- Ensuring solutions are compliant and meeting the privacy and security expectations of our customers and shareholders (GDPR, SOC2, SOX, etc.)
- Leading vendor and technology selections by informing and vetting them against functional and non-functional requirements
- Solve challenging cross-functional problems involving multiple platforms
- Stay abreast of both industry and internal trends and assist teams in staying current
- 10+ years of technical experience in developing custom software and operating 3rd party platforms
- At least 3 years of experience as a Software Architect or Engineering Manager
- Experience working with LMS or CMS systems such as Learndot, Contentful, Certmetrics, Cloudshare etc.
- Strong experience with React, Node.js and other modern web frameworks.
- Demonstrated capabilities across the Atlassian product suite
- Understanding of Cloud architecture and experience hosting/managing services with AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to learn quickly and work independently
- An ability to internalize requirements from a variety of sources and drive agreement and compromise between teams
- Demonstrated technical leadership along with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into code with your team as needed
- San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX
More About The Team
Atlassian University engages our customers and partners through Training Technology products with the mission to help them develop new skills, improve their team’s work, and advance their professional careers. We’re excited to take our Training offerings to the next level by expanding our training content, delivery, and Technology products. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is smart and direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team-oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in the power of teams. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about customers and implement various types of experimentation to see whether we're right (or wrong). The bulk of the team is based in San Francisco and Austin, but you'll also be collaborating with teams in Atlassian locations around the world.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.