Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Do you enjoy building intuitive, beautiful user interfaces that create frictionless web app experiences for users? If so, come join us as we build from the ground up taking delivery to the skies!
Wing is looking for a Front End Engineer based in Palo Alto, CA. As a Front End Engineer, you will work alongside a talented team of engineers, product managers, UI/UX designers and business operations to create API driven web applications that deliver the best experiences for our flight operators, merchants and customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the user interfaces that bring Wing’s drone delivery product to the real world.
- Test, maintain and support your awesome code
- Transform UX designs into delightful experiences that make it safe and efficient for people to interact with Wing’s drone fleet
- Build with APIs for ordering, payments, location tracking and more
- Collaborate with UX, Backend, iOS, Android, and Product Management teams to realize Wing’s vision
- Deliver the tools that make Wing’s business fly by enabling merchants and drone operators to fulfill customer orders
What You’ll Need:
- BA or BS in computer engineering or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- Strong web development skills in JS/HTML5/CSS
- Proven track record across full range of product development: ideation to launch to scale
- Experience with Angular 2+ / Typescript
- Experience working with Google APIs and tools such as Protobufs
- Interest in aviation and revolutionary emerging technologies