Information Security Engineering Manager at Funding Circle
Position at Funding Circle US
The Information Security team is a tight-knit group of enthusiastic security professionals who collaborate with teams across the entire company. We are seeking a passionate Information Security Engineering Manager to report directly to the CISO. This person will be in charge of the team handling network, infrastructure, and application security, and will be responsible for ensuring that security is baked into everything technical that we do.
In this role, you get to...
- Manage a team of application and infrastructure security engineers across multiple geographies.
- Scope and implement application, infrastructure, and IT security tooling and scripting to seamlessly integrate with the developer and infrastructure systems.
- Coordinate with development, infrastructure, and IT teams to produce systems that are inherently secure.
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business.
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks.
- Manage penetration testing engagements on our applications.
To be successful in this role, you should have...
- Experience in an application or infrastructure security role (preferably both)
- Experience directly managing people
- Education/Experience in Computer Science, Security preferred
- Familiarity with various forms of encryption and hashing, and their appropriate use cases
- Hands-on experience in IaaS (preferably Amazon Web Services), including Identity and Access Management roles
- Strong understanding of authentication and session management techniques
- Strong understanding of network security best practices
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python) and automating tasks
- Experience with threat modeling and secure design
- Strong understanding of the OWASP Top Ten
- Ability to independently prioritise multiple competing tasks
- Ability to participate in occasional off-hours handling of security incidents
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with development teams
- Excellent communication skills, in both technical and non-technical topics