Lead Mobile Engineer, Mobile Platforms at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki’s mission is to simplify technology so passionate people can focus on their mission. Global clients—including startups, Fortune 500s, nonprofits, airports, hospitals, schools, and many others—rely on the company’s powerful cloud-managed networking solutions for seamless connectivity. Cisco Meraki helps the world spend less time on technology and more on what matters.About The Team
As a Senior Mobile Engineer on the Mobile Platforms team, you will play a pivotal role in the growth of Meraki's mobile strategy. The team's vision focuses on: 1) Partnering with customers to understand their mobile use cases and deliver features that enable them, 2) Enabling developers within Meraki to easily bring their features to mobile 3) Providing proactive recommendations that address networking issues as they arise, 4) Build apps/features that can only be accomplished using a mobile device.
The team currently supports two apps that are written in React Native and facilitate contributions from multiple product teams. These exciting opportunities will allow you to work across the stack with other developers, UX designers, and product management. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.Sample projects and responsibilities:
- Work on cross-product, mobile-first, initiatives to provide a delightful network management experience
- Build libraries that make contributing to our apps accessible
- Instrument our mobile apps to identify and fix performance issues/regressions
- Write automated tests and improve our testing infrastructure
- Work with our designers and product teams to conduct user research, identify key use cases, and build an engaging and intuitive mobile experience
- Help grow the team by mentoring junior developers, interviewing candidates, and refining our interview process
- Break down, prioritize, and roadmap lists of product requirements into smaller, deployable features
- 6+ years total software development experience
- 2+ years of mentoring and technical leadership experience
- 1+ years of React Native experience
- 4+ years native experience with Android or iOS
- You have experience working on mobile apps with a large userbase
- You value inclusion and make it a priority to create accessible application experiences that work for everyone
- You have written a React Native module
- You have worked with Ruby on Rails
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.