Manager, Site Reliability Engineering at Unity Technologies
Unity powers over half of all the world’s games and over two thirds of the world’s VR and AR products. We put the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists through our foundational principle of Democratization of Development. We are hard at work integrating revolutionary systems deep into the core of Unity’s engine. Combining data from over a billion players with advanced deep learning technology and in house proprietary analytics. The goal is to make our customers more successful and their consumers happier.
As the lead for our Americas SRE team, you’ll be working with a group of talented engineers across multiple timezones to drive reliability and resilience goals, advocate for both internal and external customers of Unity services, and push a culture of SRE across Unity. Your partners will be a combination of fully bought in leaders and teams who operate our large scale services on a day to day basis, and folk who are new to the philosophy of SRE, blamelessness, and learning from failure. You’ll be a champion for the Unity SRE brand, strive to provide excellent customer service, and build relationships across Unity’s worldwide presence.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders
- Take an active role in driving and evolving the vision and roadmap for the SRE
- Drive alignment around reliability across business and engineering
- Partner with leadership across the company to empower them achieve reliability goals
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping the quality high
- Define and refine incident management, post-mortem, and reliability processes and drive the development of tooling to support those processes
- Experience in an SRE, Dev-ops or similar role
- Experience with people management
- A good understanding of the challenges and solutions to modern scaling problems and their associated technologies
- A deep internalization of an SRE mindset driven by a desire to improve, learn, and create a blameless atmosphere where people feel safe to do the first two
- A passion for the customer experience, whether they’re SRE’s, Unity developers, gamers, advertisers, etc
- Experience with Golang, Kubernetes, Redis, Python, Linux, general networking, Prometheus, GCP, AWS
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.