Network Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering for Monetization at Unity Technologies
As the leading development platform for gaming, AR, VR, and real-time interactive 3D visualization, Unity is helping to bring creations of all kinds to life faster than ever before. Our network team provides foundational network services that powers many Unity services in a reliable, scalable and performant way.
We are looking for a talented infrastructure engineer who has not only good knowledge of networking but also broad knowledge in Linux, cloud infrastructure, container-based virtualization, and scripting. As a senior member of the team, you own and support a multi-region multi-cloud infrastructure with high capacity CDN edge components. You are highly technical and are viewed as a domain expert on many networking topics. Success in this role typically means you are a fast learner, a good communicator, and always have customer satisfaction in mind.
As a Senior Engineer, you will lead as an example and promote the following -
- Being customer-focused
- Everything should be measurable
- Take an iterative approach
- Alerts must be actionable
- Processes must be sensible, valuable, & repeatable
- Automate, automate, automate
- Design and create systems/services/solutions that are reliable, scalable, predictable, and secure.
- Perform requirement gathering, investigation, and analysis to determine appropriate solutions.
- Implement and maintain existing and new network services/systems.
- Create and improve methods of proper testing and safe promotion of releases from development to staging and, eventually, to production.
- Perform performance analysis, network incident troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure service/system uptime.
- Network knowledge in routing protocols (eg. BGP, OSPF, IPsec VPN, DNS, CDN, NAT, FIrewall, IPTables, HTTP/1.0/1.1/2, gRPC, QUIC, points of presence (PoPs), load balancing, and TLS.
- Prior experience in developing on public cloud platforms like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure is a must.
- Good knowledge on TCP/IP
- Scripting skills using Bash, Python and/or Go
- Prior experience with basic SQL
- Prior experience with Docker
- Good working experience with version control systems and configuration management systems
- Familiarity with modern CI-CD pipelines and development tools
- Experience with maintaining debian/ubuntu systems and troubleshoot issues
- Expert with network debugging tools (netstat, tcpdump, dig, traceroute etc)
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools
- Experience in supporting production environments with high availability requirements
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience with, or strong interest in Kubernetes
- Experience with Go
- Contribution to open-source projects
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.