Principal Engineer at Zenefits
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Zenefits Payroll is a critical pillar of the Zenefits' platform, tasked with reimagining and delivering a modern payroll experience for Small & Medium-sized Businesses. The Payroll engineering team is looking for a seasoned highly experienced developer to join this mission of delivering a world class payroll platform that scales to the complexity of this domain but is beautiful, elegant, and simple to use by our customers. If you have experience in building highly resilient financial transaction systems or would like to learn how to build one while working alongside a world class team, in a very fast paced environment, this role is for you!
- Helps build and deliver the architectural vision and strategy for continued scalability of the payroll application
- Work with product engineering teams to define, build, and take ownership of key payroll features and projects.
- Partner with cross-cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience.
- Understand domain specific Payroll logic and rules and translate their solution into high quality and maintainable code.
- Scaling owned components for accelerated growth.
- Accountable for the health of owned components and meet availability and business metrics.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Experience with scaling distributed systems for exponential growth
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail -- focused on execution and shipping production quality systems
- Experience mentoring other developers on the team
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience with our technical stack (Python/Django/Ember.js) is a plus but not required
Nice to haves:
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with Java/Go