Quality Tools and Infrastructure Engineer, XR Runtime at Unity
A position for a Quality Tools and Infrastructure Engineer is now open for a meticulously hardworking engineer with a passion for quality assurance. You will collaborate with the Unity development team as well as customers and external partners to ensure functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a tool and runtime platform. You have probably worked on engine level tech on mobile or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, maintainable, and well tested code. If this sounds like a fit for you read on!
Joining Unity's Strategic Tech team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to craft one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. We are uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future AR/VR devices including Oculus, Vive, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology. Our team is currently solving problems that most developers haven't even encountered yet - like how do you interact with a hologram floating in space with only simple gestures of your hands available.
What you'll be doing
- Develop new test suites and scenes within Unity
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our automation frameworks
- Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
- Help define and participate in manual and scenario testing efforts to find issues with functionality and customer experience
- Interact and collaborate with external partners and be able to react to changing priorities
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience as a dedicated engineer and a proven track record of shipping large, sophisticated software projects and driving quality
- Experience and interest in Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Experience with C# programming language
- Prior experience using Unity is advantageous.
- Experience working with mobile, desktop, or console platforms.
You might also have
- Experience wrangling pre-release devkit hardware and software into a shippable product
- Self-motivated and constantly looking to improve
- Driven and comfortable in representing the customer experience to internal and external partners as well as an embedded QA team
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.