Research Software Engineer - Vision at Vicarious
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:41 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, May 6, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
You will join a tightly knit collective of engineer-scientists committed to solving these problems. Our focus is on building robotic manipulation systems that are beyond the state of the art by integrating perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control as we pursue the long term goal of artificial general intelligence.
As a research software engineer on our Scene Parsing team, you will build perceptual systems that solve real world robotic vision problems. Your role will entail a spectrum of work from core algorithm development and implementation to assembling and testing on-robot vision pipelines and integration with planning and control systems.
- Apply your knowledge of algorithms, machine learning, and computer vision to build and improve mission-critical on-robot vision systems, with attention to performance, reliability, security, and code quality.
- Provide engineering support to researchers by contributing to idea development and software design and implementation.
- Shape the architecture of the systems that are powering the next generation of intelligent machines.
- Deliver bleeding edge robotics capabilities that solve real needs for our partners and customers.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support our diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers, AI/ML researchers, and business development.
- +1 year of previous experience as a software engineer, providing impactful technical accomplishments for a team while fostering a healthy engineering culture.
- A track record of successfully planning, building, maintaining, and operating production-grade software systems.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to work in a variety of technical areas as needed, to solve real problems and deliver business impact.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in one or more of the listed programming languages but not limited to: Python, C/C++, Java or Go
- Experience with any of the following is highly desirable: ROS, computer vision, machine learning, neural networks, imaging systems, and robotics
Nice to have
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- Enjoy building not only software, but also teams and companies.
- Self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important problem to solve.
- Curiosity to learn new concepts and languages.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description