Returnship Program, Software Engineer
The Path Forward Return to Work program at DoorDash is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.About the Team:
At DoorDash, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.About the Role:
At DoorDash, our product engineers work at the intersection of product and infrastructure to scale and operate the backend services and architecture supporting product functionality. Our talented Engineers are vital to creating and maintaining a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers the DoorDash three-sided marketplace made up of consumers, merchants, and dashers. At DoorDash you will be challenged to evaluate and execute on these tradeoffs to make the most business impact on the company.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Develop and define the backend architecture and tech stack for a product area
- Improve performance, reliability, stability, scalability and security for our backend systems
- Be involved in transitioning our monolithic codebase to a microservice-based architecture
- You have a B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on other priorities
- You have prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- You’re able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- You’re high-energy, confident and innately curious - you’re not afraid to ask questions to fully understand the scope of what it will take to win.
- You’re an owner--you’re driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- You’re humble--you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- You’re adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- You’re growth-minded--you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- You desire making a profound impact--you’re ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- You have experience building large scale, real-time applications (ideal)
- You’re a contributor to open source projects (ideal)
- We are a successful, fast-growing technology & data driven company at the forefront of the logistics space
- We are committed to our Customers, Merchants and Dashers and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.