Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
You will join a tightly knit collective of engineer-scientists committed to solving these problems. Our focus is on building robotic manipulation systems that are beyond the state of the art by integrating perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control as we pursue the long term goal of artificial general intelligence.
- Architect and create well-designed, documented, and tested software features and services that meet internal and customer product requirements
- You will take responsibility for the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies and performance bottlenecks
- Leverage technical knowledge to improve the quality and efficiency of product applications and tools.
- Solid development experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Scala, Go, C++, or Rust
- Experience using existing libraries, frameworks, and RESTful APIs to create complex applications in the Cloud or as standalone services and applications
- Experience using code management and revision services such as Github and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Ability to drive a feature or bug fix from discovery to a stable deployment in production.
- Strong communication skills for documenting workflows, tools, or complex areas of a codebase
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in complex, distributed systems
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience in cloud-based technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and work well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in product-driven software engineering at scaleScripting experience is a huge plus.
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, robotics, neural network experience is a plus (e.g. Tensorflow)
- Launched a public facing cloud service from scratch or developed scalable applications
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Fast worker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people of various background
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
- Passionate about robotics and artificial intelligence, and pushing the boundaries on real world robotics applications
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description