Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (PST) on Friday, February 21, 2020
Udemy is the leading global marketplace for teaching and learning, connecting students everywhere to the world’s best online classes. We are looking for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team to help us keep our existing infrastructure performing at its best and design, build, and scale our future private and public cloud infrastructure. You’ll be responsible for automation, security, performance and documentation of all the things you and the team work on and own. As our Sr. Infrastructure Engineer, you will own and maintain the technical work environment, learn new technologies, and share your knowledge with others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work with SRE, Sec-Dev, Data Store Infrastructure to build, advise, review infrastructure changes to the production environment
- Advise on performance, availability and scalability and fault tolerance of existing and future infrastructure
- Develop and enhance production system monitoring, observability and management using existing and new tools and platforms
- Perform code review for teams pushing infrastructure changes via code
- Continue to improve our ability to use automation to manage infrastructure as code
- Work with security engineers to meet data security, auditability and encryption standards
- Participate in on-call rotation
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 8+ years in infrastructure engineering with progressively growing responsibilities
- Passion for performance, observability, availability, scalability and security of the environment you own
- Advanced Linux knowledge (kernel tuning and patch management a plus)
- Advanced level of experience with VMWare
- Advanced level of experience with AWS
- Advanced scripting knowledge (Bash, Python, PowerCLI)
- Advanced knowledge of monitoring tools and frameworks (Datadog, logstash, LibreNMS,VMWare VCenter, VMWare Loginsight)
- DevOps mindset
- Proficient and applied knowledge of cloud automation frameworks like Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, PKS
- Networking experience a plus (design, implementation and maintenance)
- Strong desire to automate and document any manual tasks
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for all aspects of the management and security of our private and public cloud data centers. We fully embrace a hybrid approach to system availability and distribution and ensure that we have feature parity in the cloud and on-premise. Our primary environments and tools include AWS, VMWare, Dell compute/storage, VSAN, Terraform, CloudFormation, Atlantis, Ansible, Datadog, GitHub. We value a strong sense of ownership, teamwork, technological curiosity, good humor, and a desire to learn and get “stuff” done.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description