Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for an experienced, Senior IT DevOps Engineer to help develop, design, build, tune, and operate our network of global corporate services and systems. The company is rapidly expanding into cities across the world to handle our international business demands. Our team is small and we have a large amount of responsibility; ideally you will have prior experience being a key player in a similar domain.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of IT DevOps projects from conception to close; managing resources, timelines, deliverables and planning
- Address business challenges by analyzing complicated systems to develop actionable solutions
- Bridge gaps between IT solutions and stakeholder business needs with a focus on automation and programmatic interoperability
- Participate in high level technical discussions and decisions with internal stakeholders / teams as well as external vendors
- Excellent communicator that has the ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a focus on sharing knowledge vs. gatekeeping
- Experienced and knowledgeable with the Linux platform and how to configure the operating system for the needs of the service it runs
- Hands on experience with the daily interactions of enterprise cloud computing (VMWare, AWS, Azure, GCP) Desire to identify, research, and implement solutions that can help deliver on business needs
- B.S. degree (preferably in a computer related field such as programming, computer science, or engineering) or equivalent experience
- Experience with shell scripting, like bash for example, a plus
- Experience with Docker a plus
- Experience with REST or GraphQL APIs a plus
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence administration, and Scriptrunner is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps / Infrastructure Engineering
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.