Senior Software Engineer, Caviar Diners
Caviar Diners is a collaborative team passionate about delivering a great experience to our diners. We thrive when we understand who they are, understand the problems they face, and are constantly striving to deliver value for them. We approach product decisions with three lenses — customer, business, and vision — making sure that we really understand the intersections and trade-offs between them.
We are responsible for the ordering experience for our diners. The technology we build helps our diners get the food they want by enabling online ordering for delivery or customer pickup. Our team owns all ordering channels - iOS and Android Caviar mobile apps and the web site.About the Role
- Work closely with the Caviar and Doordash engineering, product, design and marketing teams to implement the future vision.
- Help provide the technical vision and direction for the team, including providing mentorship for fellow engineers on the team.
- Write concise, well-organized code with good test coverage
- Collaborate with your team members to build APIs and services that are scalable and help support the fast growing business.
- Work to bring two great brands together by evaluating and integrating, when applicable, Caviar diners systems with DoorDash
- Collaborate and pair often with other engineers in your team
- Be a key contributor to the technical vision of the team
- Improve performance, reliability and security of our backend systems
- Make hungry people happy
- Highly collaborative and eager to solve problems with others
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things move fast and at times, priorities change
- Growth-minded - eager to learn and expand your skill set and drive your career path
- Humble - no job is too small for you
- Owner - not limited to the code you write but also the design, testing, monitoring performance and maintenance.
- 6+ years of solid, practical experience.
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
- A Computer Science or other technical degree.
- Expertise in at least one object-oriented language, and associated web framework preferable Rails.
- Experience with Kotlin in the backend and gRPC.
- A real passion for good food.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.