If you have a passion for helping game developers iterate faster and create better experiences, we want you to join the Game Simulation team under [email protected] as a Unity Software Engineer.
At its core, Unity Game Simulation allows developers to continuously evaluate and test their games at scale by leveraging millions of cloud simulations of their game. Games are the most complex pieces of software, and we want to automate the boring parts of game development, whether it's tracking down bugs, or balancing the difficulty progression and in-game economy; so developers can get back to doing what they love: making the game.
Game Simulation is currently in beta, where our early experiments are showing incredible results. In fact, Furyion Games has saved over $80,000 and 600 hours balancing their game using Game Simulation as seen in their case study.
As a member of the team, you would be integral to the day to day development of the Game Simulation package, and help drive the future of the product. Whether that's virtual players which use ML-Agents to play the simulations as real players, helping developers get richer data from their simulations, or using machine learning to optimize the game for them. You'll be working directly with customers to ship experimental features, with the goal of productizing them for the masses. We have the opportunity to truly change how developers create games in the future by using cloud simulations, data, and machine learning.
- Design, build, and maintain Unity Editor and runtime packages by developers and designers during the development process for multiple types of games
- Contribute to the design and architecture of Unity packages across the organization
- Write clean, maintainable production based code and review application and test code
- Document and test your code and related systems used by game developers on a daily basis
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience with knowledge of mathematics, data structures, and algorithms
- Must have expertise in extending Unity Editor and C#
- Expertise in working with large codebases and interfacing with complex systems
- Experience in API design and integrating the backend API’s
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships
- Proficiency using Unity's Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
- Experience building and shipping a game using Unity
- Expertise with package managers, such as npm or Nuget
- A passion for creating usable, polished and enjoyable user experiences
- Experience with machine learning inference engines (e.g. Apple Core ML)
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.