Senior Software Engineer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Marketplace & Logistics team is the entry point for millions of merchants from all over the world who interact and sell through our platform. We deliver on many large scale initiatives which include integration, payment processing, logistics and fulfillment, and tracking to name a few. Whether it be delivering a platform to onboard new merchants in new geographies, improving our returns process, or scaling our logistics practice to process more than 3 million transactions per day, you will be able to impact the business on a global scale.
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then the Marketplace Engineering at Wish is right for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead project requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
- Build complex software systems that integrate with multiple external systems
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- Perform API integration and maintenance with multiple external services
- Build highly-available distributed systems
- Mentor/guide junior software engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role
- Built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- You lay awake thinking about improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- You revel in building features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.