Software Architect, Fullstack (Health Solutions) at Rally Health
About the Team: What is Health Solutions?
Health solutions help people get healthy, stay healthy, and manage their conditions with a personalized experience that identifies the best program or plan for their needs. Our digital focus is changing the health relationship with the consumer. You will report to the VP of Engineering. We are addressing three major areas:
- Wellness and Wellbeing - Understand a consumer and their health risk factors to recommend personalized activities which improves their health through exercise, diet, and other lifestyle changes.
- Digital Coaching - Self-paced behavior change combining online learning, activities, and access to coaches through digital communications.
- Digital Therapeutics - Clinically validated digital first programs targeting at-risk populations.
Health solutions are available on web and mobile. Over 50 million consumers have access to our solutions. Our engineers are passionate about building an experience that is seamless, performant, and scales to millions of users. If you share a similar passion for technology and are looking to solve hard practical problems, come join us!
At Rally Health we are viewed as an engineering-driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices based distributed systems in the public cloud (AWS). Automated processes enhance our quality at the highest level. Some main technologies used are: Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon and Jenkins.
Your day to day:
- Architect and build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Create overall technical vision and architecture
- Research areas of investment in strategic plans that maintain competitive advantage
- Lead evaluation of new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- 10+ years industry experience building and running large-scale systems in production
- Expert level domain knowledge
- Command of Scala, or command of Java or C# with a interest in learning Scala
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
- Knowledge of computing concepts including API design, creating, fault tolerance, available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We’re building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.Our Benefits:
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.