Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is in a very interesting phase right now. We’re no longer a startup that’s just building a product as quickly as possible. Now, it's a balance between moving fast, but also having a more long term view of how our software needs to be architected. The Fulfillment team is currently working on several high visibility, high impact projects and we’re seeking a senior backend engineer to influence and help move our team forward. We are driving the architecture and adoption of our consumer banking platform that all our new verticals will be built upon. We’re also building a mortgage-processing engine that can automate all the manual work that a loan processor does today. We want to take Blend, which has found product-market fit in a market that has infinite possibilities and scale it 50x.
How you'll contribute:
- You’ll have a say in every step of the product development process and mentor curious minds that are eager to learn from the best
- You’ll work with and contribute to our open-source projects like https://github.com/blend/go-sdk/
- You’ll help to modularize a complex monolithic service into a set of loosely coupled microservices
- You’ll help to build our Optical Character Recognition(OCR) service that will parse and categorize hundreds of types of financial documents, saving hours of manual work
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience working on high-quality production software
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others in the company succeed and be productive
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript or Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working and communicating with third-party data providers
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description