Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Reducing friction and helping consumers access loans is only one part of the puzzle for home buyers. As Blend expands, we are taking a consumer-first approach and seeking to remove friction and add transparency to all aspects of the home buying process. Getting a mortgage is but one step along a journey of additionally required services—each with its own supplemental experience. The Home Buying Journey team at Blend is set out to build systems that unify this ecosystem into a holistic 11-star experience for consumers.
We’re looking for team members whose curiosity and drive will propel this next generation experience. You’ll work alongside business line owners, product managers, and design in an iterative and collaborative environment. As part of the team, you will play a major role in guiding the direction of several fast-growing product lines part of Home Buying Journey.
How you'll contribute:
- Work multi-functionally to deliver user-facing features from end to end
- Own and improve the user experiences across Blend Home Buying Journey Products
- Design and implement software and tools to empower Blend subsidiary agencies to do their workflows and operations
- Integrate Blend's service with the best external solutions when possible, and actively manage the integration with vendors
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in application development
- Excellent coding, problem-solving and debugging skills in a service-oriented platform
- Passionate about improving user experiences in a data-driven fashion
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill and convey complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with third-party API's and integrations
- Experience with Typescript + Node.js / Express, Mongo / Postgres, React
- Eager to rapidly learn new skills, technologies, and concepts, while taking personal initiative to execute on projects
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description