Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is solving significant internal engineering challenges as we expand from processing thousands to millions of loans, at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
Blend doesn't process as many requests as Google or Facebook, but we care deeply about shipping the best experience possible the first time. We emphasize automated end to end testing, and take an aggressive security posture that informs everything that we do. This presents unique challenges (and opportunities for creative solutions).
Blend's engineering productivity team acts as a company within a company; empowering developers to ship their code faster and more securely. The work the team does is incredibly important and multiplies productivity across the entire organization.
How You'll Contribute:
- Enable teams to fully own the lifecycle of their services
- Work on our internal service deployment tool that sits on top of Kubernetes
- Build internal engineering productivity tools for: unified logging and eventing across services; client event collection, format standardization, distribution, and storage
- Work on easy-to-use libraries that form the basis for the bulk of our services
- Work on time-based access controls for servers
Who You Are:
- Understand the needs of other developers and enjoy building internal tools that empower an entire organization
- Have experience deploying and monitoring production systems on a major cloud provider
- Are interested in container orchestration and scheduling
- Enjoy mentoring other engineers and leveling up the team around you
- Understand network topology
- Have a good understanding of MongoDB and Postgres
- Experience scaling out microservices
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description