Sr. Android Mobile Software Engineer at UJET
Our dedicated team and awesome technology are disrupting the customer support space. Our SaaS platform replaces all of the convoluted systems, lines, and contact numbers of standard customer support with a stunningly simple SDK and Smart Actions – fingerprint, verification, real-time sharing (videos, photos, and screenshots) and effortless in-app texting - plus all data is encrypted, keeping customer data secure. We take the frustration out of customer support and in turn, provide a sleek, secure, and modern smartphone-era experience. Join our team as we revolutionize the customer experience!
We are looking to add a Sr. Android Mobile Software Engineer to our growing mobile team! The Mobile team owns UJET’s iOS and Android SDKs. Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who has shipped several products at scale and is meticulous at code style and quality, with the ability to own product features end-to-end.
- Build new features and maintain Android SDK
- Implement customer-facing features while enforcing maintainability, reliability, and testability
- Work closely with designers, product owners, and other engineers to create customer-focused UX
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software tests, including unit and functional automation
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 5+ years' related experience
- Strong experience in building native Android applications
- Strong and up-to-date grasp of Android SDK and Java
- Proficient in Android application/framework development and modern Android development practices
- A rich understanding of the technical nuances and trade-offs of the Android platform, including visual elements, security & privacy
- Solid CS fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience in iOS development is a plus!
Security, data protection and compliance (SDPC) are paramount to the success of our partnerships. All roles at UJET require compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and acceptance and adherence to all policies and standards within UJET. Personnel acknowledges they are personally responsible for reporting any suspected violations or abuse and are required to complete SDPC training and fulfill role-specific SDPC responsibilities.
In addition to our great team and disruptive technology, we offer our teammates a competitive compensation and benefits package, work/life balance, unlimited vacation, stock options, catered lunches Monday through Thursday, monthly game nights, and more!UJET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. (Thanks CultureAmp who came up with this statement - it’s too good and too important to not repeat).