Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
If you're motivated by growth and impact, Credit Karma is one of the best places to work in tech today. We are growing our product beyond credit scores (e.g. Credit Karma Tax) and are well-positioned to become the main touchpoint for consumer finance, but there is so much work left to do! Engineers joining now have many opportunities to tackle responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact. We embrace a culture where engineers are encouraged to see opportunities to scale the product, technology, and organization, and then launch them into action. See some of our stories at engineering.creditkarma.com.
Your role will be to lead technical decisions within the product engineering team, and drive key decisions along the way that will influence our entire engineering organization. Expect to collaborate closely with product, design, analyst and other teams to build new features and drive technical direction at scale. We are operating as a well funded and supported "startup" within Credit Karma with enormous opportunity to move fast and have high impact.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do:
- You will drive a technical vision for the engineering organization
- Scoping and planning work across multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
- You will take an active role in the technical growth of other team members, and the processes that support overall team growth
- You'll be responsible for the complete software development lifecycle
- You will optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- You will build reusable UI components that will be used across our products
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
What's Extraordinary About It:
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisions of a startup, with the stability of our mature platform and business
- You'll have lots of opportunities to break new ground, discover and tackle brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
- You have professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services
- Your knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain driven design
- Your professional experience across the entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- You approach problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach - understands well trade-offs between excellence and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and utilizes this capacity to plan and deliver on product requirements
- You show confidence articulating complex technical content to peers and partners
- You may have Scala, React, Node.js experience a plus
- DevOps knowledge is a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services
- Shown ability and interest in mentorship of junior engineers
- A fun and positive attitude
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.