SW - Firmware Engineer at NUVIA Inc.
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:08 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Firmware Engineer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Firmware Engineer, you are responsible for working with a team of engineers that will develop UEFI-compliant (Tianocore) application processor Firmware for a future server class platform. You will collaborate both internally, and externally with upstream communities (including the Linux and commercial Operating System ecosystems), as well as appropriate standards bodies, and will also represent us in those communities. You will have an opportunity to engage broadly with our customers and third parties on enablement of new platforms.
- BS / MS in an engineering discipline (or equivalent BS / MS in an engineering discipline (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in firmware and Operating Systems development
- Strong grasp of the system boot process - from reset onwards
- Proficient in C, Python and/or Perl, assembly language, and build systems
- Experience in contributing to Open Source projects
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Good understanding of distributed revision control systems
- Experience in developing to UEFI, ACPI, and other related server specs
- Experience of lowest-level application processor firmware or HAL, such as OpenSBI or TF-A.
- Linux or BSD kernel development experience
- Knows how to program assembly when no stack is available
- Experience of server technologies such as PCIe, RAS, BMC
- Experience of test automation
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of future server class SoCs and platforms
- Work on application processor platform firmware components (including ACPI tables, DMI, etc.), including runtime communication between application processors and embedded platform controllers/logic
Read Full Job Description