Technical Program Manager, Hardware Switches at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Our San Francisco Hardware Engineering team is seeking a Technical Program Manager with expertise in Switch development who will help build the future of Meraki Switches (MS) hardware.
As an HW Manager at Meraki, you will provide architectural leadership through detailed design and final drive to mass production & sustaining. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing a collaborative environment where your team can do their best work. This is a very high impact cross-functional role that would involve working closely with Cisco Enterprise Hardware & Software teams, Product Management, Meraki Software Development & Vendors to drive next-gen Switching roadmap. Your work will have a multiplicative effect across engineering at Meraki, and will directly contribute to the rapid evolution of our platform
- Work with Cisco Enterprise Switching teams (Hardware & Software), Product Marketing, Meraki Software teams to develop a 2 - 3 year roadmap for Meraki Switching platforms & help your teams converge on architectural decisions
- Influence product and ASIC architectural decisions by engaging early with Cisco’s Enterprise & central ASIC teams
- Provide technical oversight & guidance to HWPMs on architecture, PRDs, vendor RFQs, program execution from development to product launch
- Own product schedules through NPI, coordinating with ME, sourcing, packaging, certification, quality, and firmware teams
- Be the role model, present change as positive and drive adoption to new methods/processes
- Build powerful teams at vendors and JDM’s for Meraki
- Lead the team and hold regular one-on-ones, ongoing coaching and mentorship, writing performance evaluations, and compensation planning
- Build a respectful and inclusive team culture
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Understanding of Switching silicon
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers (CM’s)
- Experience with Hardware development in Joint development model (JDM)
- Have a track record of a successful end to end product development
- Able to travel up to 20% to Taiwan and China.
- 8-10+ years of experience working with switches, routers and/or networking hardware products
Nice to have:
- Expert in Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and build management
- Cultural competence and understanding of Taiwanese and Chinese cultures
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5 minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.