Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 local retailers and 15,000 brands around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role
In Business Operations you will take on a variety of strategic, analytical, and operational projects to drive growth for our business. At Faire, you’ll have the chance to lead mission-critical projects end to end -- from working on strategic planning and analysis, to presenting your recommendations to Faire’s leadership team and working cross-functionally with our Product, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Finance teams on implementation.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and have the opportunity to gain exposure to partnering with a variety of functions. This is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative and data-driven team and play an integral role within a hyper-growth startup!
What you'll do
- Lead large cross-functional strategic initiatives that move company metrics in partnership with Sales, Product, Finance, Operations, Marketing, etc.
- Structure complex and ambiguous strategic problems
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into actionable insights and make recommendations to Faire’s leadership team based on your findings
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by performing ad hoc analyses, conducting research, and building reports and KPI dashboards for real-time monitoring of performance
- Develop effective and scalable operational processes and fill operational gaps
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience across consulting, investment banking, private equity, business operations, and/or business analytics
- You are highly analytical and data-driven -- you can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
- Resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Knowledge of SQL strongly preferred
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.