Finance Manager, temp at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:47 p.m. (PST) on Friday, August 28, 2020
About Our Role
Udemy is seeking a temp Finance Manager (FP&A), based in San Francisco, CA, and reporting to the Director of Finance. You will be a key member of the financial leadership team and serve as a key financial interface between Finance and senior management across the company and globe. You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the business. You will monitor actual performance against the budget and partner with the business to adjust as necessary. You will also be responsible for monitoring daily business performance metrics, delivering value-added business analysis as well as reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making. The role is a highly visible leader within Udemy and works cross-functionally to prepare timely and accurate forecasts and publish real-time results, along with participating in special projects including business analysis.
You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with FP&A. You are humble and curious. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver accurate forecasts and results. You seek to understand business drivers, initiatives and blockers. You have a strong command of cohort dynamics and can effectively analyze and model a direct to consumer marketplace business as well as a SaaS B2B business. You balance your focus on system automation and process improvement with the ability to monitor results and partner with the business. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally, with a smile and good sense of humor.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Responsible for all financial planning and analysis activities including financial and statistical reporting, preparation and management of the annual budget, cash flow analysis and financial forecasts, consistent with the Company’s strategic plan, and short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reviews for executive management pinpointing areas of potential revenue shortfalls, inefficient cost expenditures and analyzing key business metrics.
- Evaluate departmental cost structures to reduce operating expenses.
- Identify and monitor key operating metrics, business risks and opportunities associated with the strategic plan.
- Produce long and short term financial plans, ensuring strong linkage between both, to support critical expansion and operational strategies.
- Improve financial planning processes and systems to enhance management visibility and decision-making.
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance.
- Experience serving in a publicly traded company with $250+ million revenues, ideally in the internet, SAAS or software industry.
- 5-8 years+ of progressive financial planning and analysis and corporate finance management experience in high growth companies.
- Thoughtful financial modeling capabilities, including valuation, pro-forma financial modeling, discounted cash flow methodologies, and cash and capital budgeting and the corporate and business unit levels.
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Experience working with BI tools and large data sets.
- Experience working with international operations.
- Experience with performance management, scorecards, and dash boarding is a must.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to be exacting, thorough and attentive to detail, while still meeting deadlines. Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description