Finance & Operations Manager, Global Support Operations
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Global Support Ops ensures that when there are bumps in the last mile there’s always someone there to help make things right.
Our team manages and operates DoorDash’s large and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience as reliably as possible…..at scale.
We are looking for a Finance Manager, Global Operations to help Support Operations scale to meet the expansion of our international last-mile logistics platform. The Finance Manager will be a core part of the team overseeing our growing global support network and will manage financial modeling and forecasting of support costs, to help guide key strategic decisions for Support. This is a high visibility role with the exciting responsibility of one of the largest cost centers at a multi-billion-dollar tech company. We’re looking for is a first-principles problem solver, has attention to the lowest level of detail, and is excited to tackle one of our company’s most important operational challenges.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA.What you'll do
- Develop financial modeling and cost forecasting of our global support operations as it expands supporting new customers, geographies and businesses
- Manage the daily, week-to-week real-time finance operations including analysis, forecast and reporting of support costs and volumes
- Use data and analytics to investigate and solve challenges, and identify opportunities for operational improvements and cost savings
- Manage reporting and invoicing processes related to week-end and month-end close: both externally with our vendor network, within DoorDash
- Work with DoorDash’s finance, accounting, analytics and operations teams to guarantee a reliable and efficient excellent customer experience
- Build impactful relations with our third-party vendors
- Drive process improvements and new control measures related to financial management and reporting
- Expected travel of 10% to visit domestic and international support sites and third-party vendors
- You’re excellent at operating at the lowest level of detail, while having the ability to keep a high level strategic overview and sanity check analysis
- You’re data-driven at your core: an analytical problem solver who can tackle urgent challenges with creative solutions
- You’re action-oriented and don’t let great be the enemy of the good; you stay oriented to the goal you’re trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You have strong relationship building experience managing relationships with collaborators and other diverse partners
- You have 2+ years experience in operational finance from a high-growth technology company or Big 4 firm, management consulting, finance and/or a related field
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.