Finance & Strategy, Senior Analyst
CircleCI is looking for a highly motivated financial professional to join our growing finance team. The Finance & Strategy, Senior Analyst will assist with overall financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and cross-departmental initiatives, including budgeting & forecasting, monthly & board reporting, strategic decision support, as well as other ad hoc reporting and analysis. The position is a high-visibility role and will require building strong working relationships across the company at all levels of the organization. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Finance & Strategy.What you'll do:
- Be responsible for monthly reporting requirements
- Work to continuously improve reporting capabilities for better tracking of KPIs and financial performance
- Develop insightful and actionable ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Provide practical and consultative financial guidance to drive business decision-making
- Collaborate with all departments and senior management on budget/forecast submissions and monthly financial performance reviews
- Partner with the sales and marketing teams to shape go-to-market strategies
- 2-3 years of professional experience, with, ideally, at least 2 years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, strategic consulting, or an investing role
- Self-starter, can work with minimal guidance and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; has previously been in a role where communication to external stakeholders was a key component
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance concepts with experience building case-sensitive 3-statement financial models
- Given a business question, you can independently design and implement an analysis, gather the required inputs from key stakeholders, and iterate/adjust as needed
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel (you are someone that uses keyboard shortcuts, tables/ lookups, pivot tables, and likely prefer a PC)
- Experience analyzing large data sets (preferred)
- Experience with analyzing spend across cloud-platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure (preferred)
- Familiarity with the DevOps / Developer Tool ecosystem (preferred)
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.