Financial Analyst, Operate Solutions at Unity Technologies
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join our FP&A Team, as a Financial Analyst. As a finance partner to business leaders within our Operate Solutions business you will have the opportunity to engage in financial planning, strategic analysis, reporting, process improvement as well as inform and influence decisions that will have a real impact on the P&L. Our Operate Solutions offer customers the ability to grow and engage their user bases, and to run and monetize their content irrespective of whether the content was created in Unity. You will partner closely with all levels cross-functionally across Sales, R&D, Operations, Finance, Accounting and Procurement.
You will succeed in this role because you are intellectually curious, analytical, driven, and like to roll up your sleeves. We want you to be part of our journey!
- Build strong relationships and become a point of contact with budget owners to provide meaningful financial reports on their spend and headcount
- Provide extensive support during the annual financial planning cycle (annual budget and periodic financial forecasts)
- Analyze and report on monthly budget / forecast vs actual results; develop actionable insights and recommended actions to address business issues and trends
- Participate in monthly/quarterly/year end close process working in connection with the Accounting team to ensure accurate financials are reported
- Maintain and improve detailed models that track and analyze the spend of the business
- Collaborate closely with other members of the FP&A team, assisting in the administration, improvement, and development of scalable processes and tools used for budgeting and forecasting
- Support broader FP&A initiatives including process improvements and systems implementations (e.g. Adaptive Planning, SalesForce, Workday)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similarly quantitative/analytical degrees
- Relevant experience in an analytical role (e.g. financial planning & analysis, investment banking, consulting, etc.)
- Proven ability to learn the business and work independently to achieve goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present complex financial information in an easy to understand format
- Proficient in Excel, Google Suite (Sheets, Slides) and knowledge of financial systems (Adaptive; Workday Financials)
- Interest in the gaming, internet or tech industry
- Experience in Adaptive Planning, NetSuite, and/or Workday
- Experience with SQL/comfort working with large data sets and creating data visualizations
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.