Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Controller will level up our global accounting and financial operations function. You will own two very important goals for the company: (1) building a world-class accounting team (2) develop scalable and compliant processes, controls, and policies that support a growing multinational business.
You will have substantial exposure to leaders across the company. We think this is an excellent opportunity for a leader who knows how to scale financial operations and wants to do interesting work in a cutting edge new industry.
Within one month, you’ll -
- Conduct a needs assessment to identify other critical hires required for the Accounting function
- Identify key process gaps related to the integrity of the financial statements and close process
- Maintain and guide the design of Accounting-related systems (Netsuite, Expensify, Tipalti, Divvy, Carta, etc)
- Manage month-end close, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/Billing, and other Operational Accounting functions
- Manage external relationships including bankers, insurance carriers, and tax preparers
- Respond to financial reporting requests from management and investors
Within three months, you’ll -
- Hire, onboard and develop critical members of your team
- Lead and guide the company on key initiatives, e.g. revenue recognition assessment, transfer pricing, tax strategy
- Ensure Zipline is in full compliance with all applicable accounting pronouncements, rules and requirements in the US and emerging markets
- Own the plan to being audit ready
- Create, maintain and enhance our business policies, accounting policies and financial controls. Develop and ensure effective internal controls and safeguards over company assets, and ensure compliance with contractual obligations and company policies
- Own and manage US and foreign entities' compliance and filing requirements, including federal, state and local corporate income, payroll and other applicable taxes and licenses
- Apply technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP to monitor, evaluate impact, and implement new accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- 10+ years of accounting and finance experience.
- Experience building and scaling a multi-national Accounting function for growth companies (ideally hardware or manufacturing industries)
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn quickly in an unstructured environment and make an impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical Accounting guidance or issues in easy to understand business terms to key decision-makers
- Strategic thinker and problem solver on critical business issues, while simultaneously possessing the ability to tactically execute against them
- Ability to create successful partnerships cross-functionally
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience implementing and administering ERP and equity systems such as Netsuite, Tipalti, Carta, etc.